– Being conversant in the language of computers and information technology
– Feeling comfortable using and operating a computer system
– Being comfortable in cyberspace
– Understanding the impact of computers on society, now and in the future
– Being an intelligent consumer of computers, computer hardware, software, and other non-hardware-related computer products and services
Competency is associated with skill. Someone is said has competency in certain area if that person has relevant and sounding skills on that area. One of IT Competency framework defines this association is described in this site:
You can acquire those skills in many ways: class, training, practice, apprentice, join IT forum and community, and others.
From your experience, what is the best way to acquire IT skill? Share your experience or your point of view.
(Discussion open until 10 November 2009)